JONES BOARD OF TRUSTEES
September 1, 2009
Meeting called to order at 7:40 PM
Meeting was not tape-recorded
Roll Call: Present-Rodger Choate, Ray Poland, Teresa Shuffield, Randy McMillian, Matt Elerick
Quorum was declared
Payroll – 09-03-09
Minutes – 08-18-09
PO #s 5950-5970
Motion was made to approve the consent agenda. Motion by: Matt Elerick Second by Randy McMillian Yes - Roger Choate, Ray Poland, Teresa Shuffield, Randy McMillin, Matt Elerick
No one came forth.
1. Mark Taylor – Mark Taylor would like for the Town of Jones to pay $150.00 fee for Mark to attend State Certification as Code Enforcement. Motion to pay the fees for Mark to attend the State Certification as Code Enforcement workshop. Motion by R. McMillin Second by M. Elerick. Yes R. Choate, M. Elerick, R. McMillin, R. Poland, T. Shuffield
2. Mark Taylor - Mark Taylor would like for the Town of Jones to pay $75.00 fee for OML Preconference workshop in Tulsa. Motion was made to pay fees for Mark Taylor to attend the OML Preconference in Tulsa. Motion by M. Elerick Second by T.Shuffield Yes R. Choate, M. Elerick, R. McMillin, R. Poland, T. Shuffield
3. Douglas Henley – Approval for the new Town of Jones job descriptions. This item was tabled until next board meeting.
4. Carlton Taylor – Waterline Project. Carlton Taylor gave update to the board. The water lines are being tested and disinfected and are almost complete.
5. Ray Poland – Collection Services- This item was tabled until another time.
6. Ray Poland – Tobacco Prevention – Heather Messer from the American Lung Association. Julia Wilson will develop a ord. with penalties where the revenue stays in the Town of Jones
7. Ray Poland – N.E. 68th Street easement-This item was tabled until the wording is changed to N.E 68th Street is accepted as a city street.
8. Tammy Wallace – Pay raise for John Whitham – Police Chief recommend to raise John Whitham hourly pay to $12.00 per hour. Board remembers waiting one year before raise. Board needs to check with F.O.P.. John Whitham was hired as Cleet Certified Police Officer. Motion was made to deny the pay raise for John Whitham. Motion by M. Elerick, Second by T. Shuffield Yes- R. Choate, M. Elerick, R. McMillin, R. Poland, T. Shuffield
9. Tammy Wallace – Postage meter machine Motion was made to purchase a postage machine for City Hall on 48 month contract. Motion by M. Elerick, Second by T. Shuffield Yes R. Choate, M. Elerick, R. McMillin, R. Poland, T. Shuffield
10. Executive Session – Hire, Fire, Promote, Demote Deputy Court Clerk/Court Clerk
11. (Mary Kubiek, Tammy Wallace, Lisa Weathers) (1984 Code §2-741)(1984 Code §2-743) Motion was made to go into Executive Session at 8:08P.M. Motion by R. Choate Second by T. Shuffield Yes- R. Choate, M. Elerick, R. McMillin, R. Poland, T. Shuffield Motion was made to return from Executive Session at 8:29P.M. Motion by R. Choate Second by M. Elerick Yes- R. Choate, M. Elerick, R. McMillin, R. Poland, T. Shuffield No action will be taken
None was discussed
TRUSTEE/STAFF REMARKS: This item is listed to provide as opportunity for the Trustees and / or Staff to make comments and / or request specific agenda items. NO ACTION will be taken.
None was discussed
Motion was made to adjourn. Motion to adjourn at 8:30P.M.. Motion by T. Shuffield Second by R. Poland Yes- R. Choate, M. Elerick, R. McMillin, R. Poland, T. Shuffield.
Town of Jones
September 1, 2009
5950 Jones PWA $22.00
5951 Donna Manley $6.00
5952 Galls $308.62
5953 Lettering Express $215.00
5954 Jones PWA $30.30
5955 Galls $149.95
5956 Jones PWA $56.57
5957 Choctaw Florist $42.98
5958 Ranch Hand Truck $575.40
5959 F.B.F. Inc. $192.69
5960 Okla. Co. Dist. #1 $39.89
5961 Turn Key $356.15
5962 Computer Master $122.00
5963 Quill $67.07
5964 Don Alexander $375.00
5965 Wal-Mart $359.39
5966 Phillip 66- Conoco $2012.01
5967 CompSource $2156.50
5968 Office Depot $554.14
5969 Page Plus $219.75
5970 TDS $474.35
Mayor Town Clerk