As the Department of Code Administrator / Building Official, Tim Weathers is in charge with ensuring that all aspects of the building industry will conform to a safe and consumer conscience standard. Professionals issued a license by the State of Oklahoma in each particular trade perform all electrical, plumbing, gas, heating, and air conditioning installations. Code requirements must be met and regular inspections must be performed in every stage of construction ensuring code compliance and safety for every consumer.
Department responsibilities include:
- Enforcing all city codes and ordinances adopted by our town council.
- Review building permit applications.
- Performing abatements on overgrown properties.
- Condemning dilapidated and unsafe buildings.
- Regulating abandoned vehicle laws within the city limits.
- They also regulate floodplain and stormwater issues within the Town of Jones.
These are just a few of the many jobs performed at the Department of Code Administrator. We believe Code Enforcement is about informing and educating the citizens of The Town of Jones while striving to make our community a better place to live.
Contact Tim Weathers
Phone – 405-229-2050